FIRE-RESISTANT BUILDING MEMBRANES «IZOLTEKS NG 200» as a part of mounted ventilated facades (MVF)
Building membrane is an important element of heat insulation of buildings with mounted ventilated facades. Without membranes, the energy efficiency of houses in maintenance will decline continuously.
It is known that through the wall building loses more than 40% of the heat. The membranes reduce heat loss by limiting the air permeability of the wall.
It is known that without windproof membrane heatproof properties of mineral insulation are reduced by four times. By means of thermal imaging technology it was found that without the membrane, degradation of mineral wool takes place in the shortest time possible.
Fire-resistant building membrane Izolteks NG 200 improves the durability of insulation, retains thermal insulation properties of mineral wool.
THE ADVANTAGES OF USING FIRE-RESISTANT BUILDING MEMBRANES «IZOLTEKS NG 200» IN THE MOUNTED VENTILATED FACADES
Ideal fire safety of facade system:
- Excludes contradictory situation, when non-combustible insulation is protected from the wind and weathering of fiber by flammable building membrane;
- Now the facade system is composed entirely of fire-resistant building materials, which allows to fully implement the requirements of building heat engineering.
Excluded risks, caused by ignition of the construction from a welding spark:
- The use of fire-resistant building membrane «Izolteks NG 200» eliminates the risks associated with damage to, and destruction of structures by fire from accidental ignition source not only when carrying out works on construction, but also during maintenance of the walls with mounted facades with all types of facing, including facing made of composite materials.
High efficiency of installation and maintenance of the windproof membrane:
- Fire-resistant building membrane Izolteks NG 200 is made on the base of high-strength fiberglass, which is not damaged during installation and prolonged exposure to the sun and wind, as well as from the actions of unqualified personnel;
- No need to install fire cuts, which reduces overall costs and increases the quality of ventilation in mounted facades.
Reducing the risk of heat loss because of improper installation of insulation:
- It is difficult to lay the wool without gaps, it is difficult not to damage the wool during installation. Fire-resistant membrane will close gaps and damage.
Temporary protection of the insulation of the facade prior to installation of facing:
Some advise for protection of wool against environmental influences - to protect the insulation by the temporary film to save on the real insulation windscreen. Risky advice: very often the fire occurs on the facades prior to installation of facing.
Temporary protection of a facade by the fire-resistant membrane Izolteks NG 200 - is also a constant protection.
The inorganic nature of the fiberglass determines its high resistance to fire:
- Izolteks NG 200 fiberglass does not support combustion, does not propagate fire and does not emit toxic substances in case of fire.
Heat release at high temperatures up to 100 times lower than analogues:
- The contribution of the heat release of Izolteks NG 200 in the fire can only be detected by very sensitive instruments: it is not more than 0.26 MJ/m2, whereas the same indicator for materials based on polyethylene or other organic materials not less than 24 MJ/m2.
«Izolteks NG 200» fire safety:
- Is of particular importance for high-rise and unique buildings, its use reduces the threat to people's lives and the risks caused by spread of fire and damage to structures by fire, which can be significant.
Reducing the risk of damage of the insulation layer:
- Fire-resistant membrane Izolteks NG 200 allows the construction work at any time of the year without risking to reduce or lose the quality of the performed works on
Installation of insulation;
- With its high strength, resistance to ultraviolet radiation, frost resistance, elasticity at extremely low temperatures membrane Izolteks NG 200 is capable of protecting the insulating layer from environmental influences even without installed facing for any period of time.
«Izolteks NG 200» lifetime:
- When exposed to direct UV rays is at least 100 years, while the materials based on organic polymers that are recommended for use for such purposes, have the same index of not more than 1 year.
«Izolteks NG 200» durability:
- Exceedes the strength of other known materials in several times.
«Izolteks NG 200» resilience to aging:
- Keeping of all the properties at the initial level provides guaranteed protection of the insulation during maitenance of the facade throughout the lifetime of the building.
Other firefighting applications of «Izolteks NG 200»:
- As a flame retardant curtains and screens;
- As fire and smoke barriers.